Advent means ‘”coming.”
Well, it has come, and it is upon us. We are waiting and preparing for the coming of the Christ.
Each new liturgical year starts with Advent, and then enters into the life of Christ at Christmas. You can find more about Advent here.
Together we will journey towards Bethlehem, towards the birth of the Messiah, and towards the redemption of all Creation. We’ll do that in our worship, and in our homes, and in our community over the next 4 weeks. Below are some resources for the journey to Jerusalem.
Presbyterian Today Advent & Christmas Devotional
- Week 1 of Advent – November 29 – December 5
- Week 2 of Advent – December 6 – December 12
- Week 3 of Advent – December 13- December 19
- Week 4 of Advent – December 20 – 24
- Christmas Eve
- The 12 Days of Christmas
- At Home Advent Wreath Lighting
- Christmas Joy Offering Coloring page
Worship with First Presbyterian
- Sunday Morning worship – live on Zoom, available on YouTube Sunday afternoons
- November 29, Advent 1 – Daniel 6:6-27
- December 6, Advent 2 – Joel 2:12-13, 28-29
- December 13, Advent 3 – Isaiah 61:1-11 – Jukebox Cantata
- December 20, Advent 4 – Luke 1:26-45
- Longest Night Worship – Monday, December 21, at 7 pm. On Zoom, distanced in the church, and recorded on YouTube.
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion Service – Friday, December 25th. Prerecorded and available on YouTube.
We will receive the Joy Gift offering throughout the month of December.
God has blessed the Church with incredible leadership in every time and place, but those leaders often need to be supported by their communities as well. This Offering addresses the support needed by some of our leaders, including supporting leadership development for communities of color, and providing support for Presbyterian church workers in their time of need.